KATFLOC SC – Series is a cationic, relatively low molecular weight type polymer supplied in easy-to-use liquid form. It is used as a coagulant and/or coagulant-aid in the clarification treatment of water where it can partially to totally replace conventional inorganic metal salts (e.g aluminum or iron salts). And Also used for dewatering agent.
Appearance Viscous, Clear, straw-colored liquid.
Specific Gravity 250C 1.25 ± 0.5
pH (neat) 1 – 3
Solubility in water Infinity
Cationic charge high
Storage Stability, months 6
¨ Rapid floc formation producing dense flocs, which settle quickly and allow increased throughput in the clarifiers.
- Improves final water clarity especially in high turbidity waters.
- Produces low volume, compact, high solids settle sludge reducing water wastage in desludging operations and improves filterability of sludge.
- Reduces carry-over of flocs into the filters thereby extending filter life between backwashing operations.
- Chlorine resistant and works over a wide pH range from 4 to 10.
- Reduces content of metal salts in the treated water.
- It can used for sludge dewatering.
- Economical and easy to used.
KATFLOC SC – Series must be diluted with clean water at least 1 : 10 prior to dosing. Dosing point should be thus selected as to provide for turbulent, prolonged mixing with the water to be treated in order to optimize performance. If used in conjunction with inorganic coagulant, the inorganic is usually added first but in many cases, the products can be dosed at the same point. KATFLOC SC – Series may also be pre-mixed with inorganic coagulant. In cases where a secondary coagulant/flocculant is used, KATFLOC SC – Series should be dosed first.
ypical dosages depend on the particular application :
Clarification/settling 0.1 – 10 mg/l
Flotation 5 – 100 mg/l
HANDLING & TOXICITY
KATFLOC SC – Series is non-toxic and approved by the US NSF and other official institutions for use in the treatment of potable water.
The products should be stored in a cool dry place. Spillage should be avoided, as spilled polymer is slippery. Wash spillage with plenty of water. The used of protective splash goggles and gloves is recommended when handling the product